In the last days of October 2018, from the 28th to the 31st, staff of DREAm Italia was invited in the Republic of Kosovo to participate and contribute to the Training to certify candidates for advisory services in agriculture and rural development and improve effectiveness of extension staff, performed by the Consortium PANGEA under the supervision of the Kosovo Government in the framework of its National Agriculture and Rural Development Plan.
Dream’s personnel was requested to carry out three days of training in three different locations in Kosovo: Mitrovica, Peje and Gjilan.
Considering the kind of attendants expected in the training, mainly technicians, agronomists, engineers working in agriculture and local administrators from municipalities as well, the possibility was particularly interesting to carry out an action of communication and dissemination for the SCOoPE Project.
The three different location gave the possibility to gather a higher number of attendants and also spread much more the subjects of SCOoPE, even beyond the European borders.
Different experts took part as trainers, both local and European experts.
Different topics have been treated during the training:
– Agro processing and rural diversification;
– Farm planning, management and analysis;
– ITC, innovation and new technologies in agriculture.
The third module gave the possibility to introduce many subjects related with energy management and saving and to describe the SCOoPE Project as well.
Among others, some topics were:
– EU context: the state of the art of innovation in agriculture in Europe
– EU support for innovation, energy saving and new technologies in agriculture and agro-industries
– The TESLA project: energy audit, assessment and saving in four agrofood sectors
– The SCOoPE project: key performance indicators, new technologies and energy clusters.